Wednesday, October 07, 2009

One Thing


I know of an old lady who never heard of the SEC or the NFL. I doubt she knew anything of the Great Lakes or Republicans or Democrats. In fact, she never had the opportunity to learn much, to go to high school or any school ever. She was neither stupid nor retarded though she could not read or write. She had only one dress to her name and no shoes at all. In fact, she never even left her, unknown to the rest of the world, little village in northern Ghana until the day she died and went to be with the Lord. And Jesus didn’t care. He just put His arms around her and took her home.

I don’t know what her name is, but I’ll call her Mary… Can you hear the words Jesus said to her sister? “Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, ‘Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.’"

"But the Lord answered her, ‘Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.’"

I think I'll memorize that "one thing is necessary" part...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home